Molybdenum Alloys Products
» Molybdenum Alloys
About Molybdenum Alloys
Molybdenum alloys have excellent strength and mechanical stability at high temperatures (up to 1900°C). Their high ductility and toughness provide a greater tolerance for imperfections and brittle fracture than ceramics.
The unique properties of molybdenum alloys are utilised in many applications:
- High temperature heating elements, radiation shields, extrusions, forging dies, etc;
- Rotating X-ray anodes used in clinical diagnostics;
- Glass melting furnace electrodes and components that are resistant to molten glass;
- Heat sinks with thermal expansivity matching silicon for semiconductor chip mounts;
- Sputtered layers, only Ångstroms (10-7 mm) thick, for gates and interconnects on integrated circuit chips;
- Sprayed coatings on automotive piston rings and machine components to reduce friction and improve wear.
1 page(s), 2 row(s)